Thursday, October 27, 2011

EGGS and other EXTRAS

Most of my produce is sold via farm shares but sometimes I have way too much to give to the shares. This season (2012) I will be trying out a new system in addition to the prepaid shares. When I have extra vegetables, I will send out a list of items that people can ask me to pick to order. I haven't worked out the details yet, but if you are interested in receiving emails about that and about extra eggs, just let me know! laurat-at-crocker.com My idea is to send an email once a week and people could let me know what they want. I will pick those items and have them ready to be picked up at the farm. This would allow folks to hear about available vegetables and to buy them when it is most useful in their lives. Interested? I hope to grow extra green beans (mostly Rattlesnake because they taste so good), mesclun and maybe some other greens to cook. Other items from my lengthy crop list will be available when the individual crop is in full swing and it's doing well. No promises. And of course, the shares will always take precedence. Some of the items that might be available will be tomatoes, hot and sweet peppers, garlic, and more. I am aiming to have mesclun each week. It's an experiment, for sure. At the moment, I think that Saturday would be a good pick up day, mostly because it would not conflict with the CSA share pick up day of Thursday. More details to follow... SOME OF THE EXCESS FROM LAST YEAR: (Not to mention the 10 gallons of edename in my freezer...)

No comments: