Wednesday, March 14, 2012

EGGS AND EXTRAS


These days I try to send out an email each week to people that are interested in eggs and other fresh, homegrown items.  Today's list includes 10 bags of microgreens, picked this morning in the hoophouse, and 5 dozen eggs.  Since sending the message around noon, I've sold 3 dozen eggs and 2 bags of greens.  The hens keep laying and the greens keep growing so there will be more coming along.

It was lovely to pick the microgreens.  It was my first real harvest from the hoophouse!  Later I weeded and took note of the kinds of plants coming up out there.  Jewelweed, lamb's quarters, and maple trees for weeds; poppies, carrots, fava beans, and horseradish for planted crops.

In the next few weeks I expect there to be plenty of eggs and for microgreens, mesclun, arugula and radishes to be coming along.  If you would like to receive emails about what is available each week, send me a note.  laurat-at-crocker.com

No comments: