Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Eggs and Extras - April 4, 2012

It's so much fun to be picking vegetables so early in the season.  I've been eating spinach for several weeks and I recommend keeping some washed and ready in the frig for spinach salads and spinach/garlic omelets.  Yum.

Speaking of washing, it's up to you to wash your greens.  Sometimes I rinse them just to get the soil off or to chill the greens but all the produce you get from my farm needs proper washing at your house.

Early next week we'll be getting a new batch of chicks!  They'll be staying in the kitchen for a week or so but if you want to see some cuteness, I am happy to show them to you.

Not ready yet but coming along in the hoophouse: white salad turnips and pak choy.

Available Today:
Eggs - 2 1/2 dozen (yes, it's fine to just get 1/2 dozen!) $4.00/dozen
Radishes - 2 bunches - $1.25 each
Mesclun - 6 bags - $3.00/bag
Pea shoots - 1 bag - $2.00
Sorrel - 1 bunch - $1.00
Arugula - 1 bunch - $2.00
Spinach - 5 bags - $3.00/bag (This was overwinter in a low tunnel, planted late last summer.)
Kale - 1 bunch (I just couldn't resist picking this.  A preview of what will be in the May farm shares.)

Enjoy your vegies!
Laura

If you want to receive a weekly email about Eggs and Extras, let me know at laurat-at-crocker.com

No comments: